Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Color Run

On Saturday, my husband, my friend, and I did the Color Run.  It was my husband's first 5K and I'm so proud of him for completing it!  The Color Run is a traveling 5K that comes to cities all across the U.S.  You are supposed to come in a white t-shirt and at each kilometer volunteers throw colored powder (made out of food coloring and corn starch) on you.  Every participant is also given a color packet to celebrate with at the end of the race.  By the end everyone is very colorful!  I first heard about the color run on Pinterest and it looked like a lot of fun.  My friend told me when registration opened and I signed us up.  The race turned out to be very popular and it sold out within days.  They opened up a second race day to accommadate everyone that wanted to participate.  We were told on race day that this was the biggest color run they ever had with a combined total of 30,000 participants over the course of the two days.  I'm glad we did it for the experience, but I would never do it again.  It was soo hot and crowded!  There were so many people that the start of the race took place over a span of 1 1/2 hours.  Everyone had to line up and wait to be sent in "waves" of 1,000 people at a time.  Here are some of our pictures...
Before

After

So proud of my hubby for doing his first 5K!


We did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment