Thursday, April 25, 2013

33 Weeks



How far along? 33 Weeks 6 Days
Total weight gain/loss: +36 pounds
Maternity clothes? Yes
Stretch marks? Yes - under my boobs, on the insides of my thighs, and very low on my stomach.
Sleep:  I get up 1-3 times in the night to go to the bathroom.  My hips still fall asleep from sleeping on my sides.
Best moment this week: My family and friend baby shower was this past Sunday and it was absolutely perfect.  I will do a separate post with pictures soon!
Miss Anything? I miss a lot - sleeping on my stomach and back, running, having a nice, cold beer with dinner.
Movement:  Still lots of movement.  The times I notice it most are:  30 minutes after I eat, around 2:30 am after I wake up to go to the bathroom, and around 10:30 pm when I'm laying in bed trying to go to sleep.
Food cravings: I still crave oranges.  Lately I've also been craving homemade pico de gallo.  I made some Sunday night and it was everything I had imagined.  :)
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Leaning too far back or laying on my back.  I have to sit up straight on the couch and in my car otherwise I'll start to feel sick. 
Have you started to show yet:  Yes
Gender: Girl - and let me tell you, we have received the most adorable girl clothes for her.  I can't wait to see her in them!
Labor Signs: I may have felt my first Braxton-Hicks contraction last night.  It was only 1, though, so I can't be sure.  I was walking from the nursery to the living room and felt a tightening in my stomach.  It didn't hurt at all, I just felt like everything sucked in really quickly.
Symptoms: Stretch marks, heartburn, swelling in my ankles and feet, constipation
Belly Button in or out?  Out
Wedding rings on or off? Off
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy
Looking forward to:  Maternity pictures this weekend!

Here's some info. from babycenter.com on pregnancy at 33 weeks:

How your baby's growing:


This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

Doctor's Appointment Update - We had our 33-week doctor's appointment on Tuesday.  Here are the highlights:
  • My blood pressure - 116 over 68 (nice and low)
  • Ava's heart rate - 166 (good and strong)
  • Fundal height - 35 cm (right on track)
  • Baby is head-down and has been for the past several appointments.  I asked the doctor if she'll stay this way until I give birth and he said experience tells him yes.
  • Due date is not changing (still June 7 - yay!)
  • No sonogram since fundal height is back on track - no worries of too much amniotic fluid.
  • The doctor said that baby Ava has dropped.  A few days before my appointment I felt like my belly was much lower, there was more pressure on my bladder, and I could breathe easier.
  • Next appointment is 2 weeks from now - will have to have Group B strep test done.

No comments:

Post a Comment