Today marks the second day of the sixth week of my half-marathon training. There are only 19 days until race day. I'm not nearly as nervous about it as I was last year. I love the fact that they have pacers. Last year I followed the pacer who had a finish time of 2 hours and 25 minutes. I followed him until mile 10 and then I had to stop and walk a few times. In the end, I finished in 2 hours and 36 minutes. I'd like to finish at least a couple minutes faster this year.
My husband has decided that he'd like to do his first 5K race with me in June. So after the half-marathon, I'll start training him for a 5K. I'm really excited to start running with him, since we have never run together before. We have a gym membership and go 1-2 times a week together to go work out, but he mainly lifts weights and uses the stationary bike. I think since he saw me train myself to run (I never ran until about 2 years ago) he knows that anyone can do it as long as they stay dedicated and consistent.
No comments:
Post a Comment