Sunday, May 6, 2012

So Happy

Since my last post, I've been pretty vigilant on listening to my husband to see how he was feeling about moving up our start-trying-date from January to July.  The morning after having our big discussion, he said that if we have a baby before he's done with school he's worried that he won't be able to finish school.  I gently reminded him that some of his friends in Law school had babies (well, their wives had babies) in their first semester and none of them had dropped out.  He said that I was right, and that it would actually work out well either way for us. 

If we get pregnant right way (baby is born April/May), I have been saving up maternity leave for the past 5 years and I have 7 weeks to take off.  This timing would also transition nicely into my summer break, where I would have 10 more weeks off with our baby.  If it takes us longer to get pregnant (baby is born September/October), my husband will be done with Law school. 

Yesterday, I found my husband reading one of the baby books I bought.  It was so cute!  We haven't told anyone that we're going to start trying earlier than planned.  It's been fun to feel like we have a little secret.  I'm so happy that we're both on the same page, it makes me feel so supported.  This is going to be an incredible journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment